Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unexpected Blessings...

     The other day, I was out in the front yard and I noticed something strange.  In the middle of a patch of flowering onion was a lone bright yellow daffodil.  I didn't plant it there on purpose, and it had never bloomed before, or maybe I had just never seen it... but there it was: a beautiful reminder that in the midst of the business of everyday life a surprise is sometimes just what we need.  It may come in the form of a flower cropping up in an unexpected place.  Other times people go out of their way to do something unexpected that brightens a dull or upset day.  My daughter is notorious for doing this when I'm having a bad day.  She drops me a note that lets me know I'm loved.  It has the power to melt my heart and can turn my attitude completely around.      
     I notice it works with husbands too... Last weekend, my hubby worked so hard cleaning the house so I could spend some time preparing for a craft show.  Later, when he was out I cleaned up the kitchen and he mentioned to me how that made him feel like all the time he had spent cleaning was so appreciated!
     I think the world could use a little more of this going around... What will you do today to bless someone who isn't expecting it?

Live it up!
Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...