Monday, July 11, 2011

Live: Healthy Food Series Starts Now...

Every Monday for the next several weeks, I'll be posting something about healthy food.  Some will be recipes etc, but today I want to start off with a video.  I will warn you it is a long video, but it is WELL worth watching.  This video is a lecture (in no way a boring lecture) by Pediactric Endocrinologist at the University of California, San Francisco called Sugar: The Bitter Truth.  He trains future pediatricians and what he has to say about sugars of all kinds is very important (and often goes unsaid!) for the health and well being of grown-ups and kids everywhere.

We have removed as many sugars as possible from our family's diet with an exception for a small amount of sugar in a high-fiber bread and some whole-fruits and veggies.  We occasionally add a fiber supplement to our diet and did not go with the whole raw thing. Coupled with a little excercise, my husband and I are seeing pounds fly off our bodies and our clothes fitting much better.  We try to keep sweet treats reserved only for an occasional birthday or holiday and our taste for what needs to be sweetened has diminished quite a bit and so has our kids'.  My 4-year old son recently commented on how sweet peanut butter is... without any jelly or honey. We only buy the kind without added sugar.  We weren't very over-weight to begin with, but the benefits of what he says are quick (within reason) and substantial.  So, please watch the video.

I'd love to hear your comments...

Keep it Healthy!
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I've not given up all sugars, however, I did cut out soda. I've lost 12 pounds since then (probably 4 months time). I've got a lot more to lose, but this is a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I didn't happen to weigh myself, but I do notice that I have much more room in my pants to breathe. I'm in it for the overall health benefits, mostly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...