Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When Life Gets Tough... Lean on the Lord

I've been going through some troubling things that I really can't share.  Thank you in advance for your prayers, they really do mean a lot to me.  What I am grasping on a deeper level is that when I am faced with difficult things is that I can take comfort in my God because of who He is... 


Image Courtesy Divine Stampings
Here's a tidbit or two:


God wants me looking at Him not what happened, or what could have happened, or what could happen in the future.  He is stronger than all of that.   He is the one who overcame the power of sin and death.  He is our protector. He is the only one who is wise, and He declares that justice is His to pronounce over those who would stand against him.  He is perfect, and He loves perfectly.  He is trust-worthy, our comforter, our ever-present help in time of need.  He is our only hope.  Yes, I will cling to that hope with white knuckles, because it's all I have.  Really, it's all any of us have.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! The past couple of years have been hard for me, and I couldn't have made it without God and Jesus. My relationship with them is where I get my strength!
    Here's a beautiful song (and story behind the song) that I want to share with you:

    http://healthyhomeblog.com/2011/05/thestory-behind-the-song-blessings/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That song touched my heart. It is directly applicable to my situation and so many others too.

    I appreciate you, Charla!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...