Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bloom: A day at the farm...

My kids and I had a great chance to catch up {and do business} with my good friend Brenda of the VanOmmering Dairy in Lakeside this week.  The kids all played and we chatted, planned the bows she wants me to make for her shop and had a great time!  {I'll post pictures later, but for now I'll just tell you they involve clay... Shh!}

It is so wonderful to have friends that truly rely on God to meet their needs, are willing to share what God is doing in their lives and have something about them that you can just tell they are genuinely in love with their Savior by what they do, not just what they say.  That's what Brenda is like. I know I am growing as a result of our friendship and I hope that you have at least one person you consistently share God's wonders with too.  It's just one of those things that is helping me to bloom.

One of the great things about being friends with someone who has a farm is that you get to spend time with animals you may not normally get to be close to.  Our kids were so cute petting her {two week old!} pygmy goat.  It is SO small!  I only wished my phone wouldn't have died or I would have pictures to show you.  :(

Inspired by our time at the farm, Princess Peach and I made up {...or remembered?} some kid-approved animal jokes on the way home...   They're cheesy, but I like 'em!

What does a cow say when she has visitors?  Please re-MOOve your shoes {ok this one was on a poster at Brenda's house}

What did the squished cow say? Please MOOve over

What  do cows do for fun? Go to the MOOvies

What do ducks eat for a snack? Cheese and QUACKERS

What did the duck say after he heard your joke?  You're a QUACK-up

Don't forget to laugh and keep on bloomin'!
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...