Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Craft: Shadow Art

My wonderful daughter asked me for some paper the other day while the boys were playing nicely in the livingroom.  So, I gave it to her and she started cutting shapes out of blue and pink paper and glued it onto white paper with a glue stick.  Blue on one side, pink on the other.  Noticing what she was doing I asked her, "What do you think it will look like if we put it up on the window?"  "Let's try it and see," she says.  So we did and here is the result.
Pink side against the glass...
Blue side against the glass...


















I love the organic shapes she cut out, but you could do this with any recognizable shape or random paper cuts work too for a more abstract approach.

To cut the shapes, she cut oval-ish shapes out then folded them in various directions and cut on the crease (like when you make snowflakes).

Some things we noticed about this project:
It looks different depending on which side is next to the glass, or even different still if it's on the table.

Overlapping shapes from one side to the other has a nice effect.
We both love it!

I'd love to see your work if you try this with your kids (or just by yourself).

Keep it crafty!
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Came by way of Screaming Sardine. Lovely giveaway. Btw, I also have a blog party called Market Your Biz and Giveaways. Please feel free to link up your biz:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot SJ! I will be linking up there for sure. :) Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...